Totaljesusgirl!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thrifty or Wise?

Here is the Big Debate.... Do you become "thrifty" because of age, wisdom, or just because you are losing it? I like to think after week of prayer...that age as nothing to with it, hahaha that it must come with gaining wisdom and learning to be content and a knowing of what's important. Sounds good to me...how about you? Anyways...moving to Virginia as opened up many new worlds to me and as made many things I didn't understand when I was younger so perfectly clear now. For example..why my grandma spent her Saturday mornings running between 3 different groceries store to buy her food...now I know... food is so expensive...you have to go for the deals! After 33 years of living...I finally made it into my very first thrift store...what a concept..do you realize that people get rid of perfectly good things and you can buy them for like nothing! I got these sandals there..perfectly good not even worn on the bottoms, for $3.00 I am not kidding!
After showing off my new sandals to my good friend after a bible study, she took me to another Thrift shop closer to home that she loves...and I got this super cute purse for $2.00 I know it is hard to believe....I have since gotten many great things...perfectly good jean shorts for the boys for under 2 bucks, Jordache Capri jeans for Destinee for $2.65 and I have gotten many books for the kids for a quarter and Disney VHS for like a dollar...I know your thinking no one owns a VHS player anymore...oh but Gabriel does and he is rough on his movies..they tend not to last too long so dollar movies like Lion King....a blessing to our family!!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home