Totaljesusgirl!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Hearts At Home - Day 5

Have you noticed that most events you attend have an anthem? You know like if you go to the baseball park You hear Take me out to the ball game for its 1 2 3 ...something like that ( Sorry if I way messed it up) and if you go to a Harvest Crusade, you will always hear Crystal Lewis sing "People Get Ready" ...oh i had a bunch in my head and now I am drawing a blank!!! Hopefully you get the idea....

So this morning I was thinking about what I would write today about Hearts at Home ministry and it hit me! A mother's anthem and the song that I instantly thought of was a song I heard this past year at the Moms Day out conference Hearts at Home put on in California....so today I want to tell you about an amazing singing group who comes and sings at the conferences. Crimson Bridge is just so amazing..besides having powerful voices and sweet faces, they make you cry and laugh...I love the way they one year sang 9 to 5 but changed the words to be a moms day....it cracks you up! Maybe it is so funny because you can so relate to the words they are singing....

So today...I want to ask you to check out there website and listen to their song...Go out and buy there new CD...it has a song called Somebody's Hero on it and I declare it as our MOMS ANTHEM!

When I am feeling a bit down or like my role at home and in my kids life isn't that big of a deal I crank up this song and it makes me cry and sing and I feel like Thank You Jesus! I so matter to someone and not in the way that most people are known for and it makes me feel so much better!!!!! I have written the words out for you so you could read over them and ponder them in your heart!


BE BLESSED TODAY!!! YOU ARE SOMEBODY"S HERO!!!!!!
Somebody's Hero

She's never pulled anybody from a burning building
She's never rocked Central Park to a half a million fans, screaming out her name
She's never hit a shot to win the game
She's never left her footprints on the moon
She's never made a solo hot air balloon ride, around the world,
No, she's just your everyday average girl (but)
She's somebody's hero
A hero to her baby with a skinned up knee
A little kiss is all she needs
The keeper of the cheerios
The voice that brings Snow White to life
Bedtime stories every night
And that smile lets her know
She's somebody's hero
She didn't get a check every week like a nine-to fiver
But she's been a waiter, and a cook and a taxi driver
For twenty years, there at home, until the day her girl was grown
Giving all her love to her was her life's ambition
But now her baby's movin' on, and she'll soon be missin' her
But not today, those are tears of joy runnin' down her face
She's somebody's hero
A hero to her daughter in her wedding dress
She gave her wings to leave the nest
It hurts to let her baby go down the aisle she walks right by
Looks back into her mother's eyes
And that smile lets her know
She's somebody's hero
Thirty years have flown right past
Her daughters' starin' at all the photographs
Of her mother, and she wishes she could be like that
Oh, but she already is
She's somebody's hero
A hero to her mother in a rockin' chair
She runs a brush through her silver hair
The envy of the nursing home
She drops by every afternoon
Feeds her mama with a spoon
And that smile lets her know
Her mother's smile lets her know
She's somebody's hero



Please visit their website!

http://www.crimsonbridgemusic.com/

Don't forget to see Day 1 of my hearts at home week to leave your comments for a chance to receive an autographed Jill Savage book!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ourjoyfulljourney said...

I so love that song! It is the best! Makes me cry just to read the words :)

September 19, 2008 at 6:11 AM  
Blogger Cherish said...

You are my winner! Please e-mail me your address so I can get it all turned in to hearts at home. Thanks!
you_me_edwards@hotmail.com

September 21, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home