Totaljesusgirl!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day of School

Today marks a new chapter of our lives...Destinee and Junior start Junior High...Spencer and Nathaniel ride the school bus for the first time and Gabriel starts the 3rd grade at Kiln Creek Autism Center. He has a new bus driver and aide and teacher and classmates this year. His Teacher Ms. Carol is so sweet and yet she gets her job done...I am really looking forward to seeing him grow and mature this year! There are 6 kids in his classroom his year and 1 teacher and 4 aides! YES! pretty much one on one help all day!
Destinee and Junior started school today at James Blair Junior High. Destinee is taking pre-algebra, drama and home economics...Junior is taking band and art class this year...he his thinking of trying out for the trombone, as there aarer no spots open for drums. They had a great day...they are trying to get use to the switching of classes and all that...hopefully they get their lockers today as they have so much stuff in their backpacks to carry around right now!
Spencer and Nathaniel started the 5th and 2nd grade at D.J. Montague elementary school. They are so excited they get to ride the bus to and from school this year...the school is just 4 minutes away from he house..I think I can handle that! There school is huge upstairs and down stairs and trailers in the back..but it makes for a lot of classrooms and fewer students in each one!
This marks a new chapter in my life as for the 9 past years...I have been at home with all or at least one of my children and spending my day driving them back forth to different school and different times....now I have from 8:10 am to 2:45 pm each day to do whatever the Lord will direct me to do in those hours! I am sure I will rediscover the person I am...although I will greatly miss my kids being home..i so enjoy being with them...I suppose it is time to let them spread their wings!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home